Thursday, May 3, 2012

Clean and Simple card

Spring is finally here and I've had some opportunities to get outside and work the dirt between rain showers.  That also means that I am not spending quite as much time crafting.  I haven't figured out how to do both at the same time.

However....I have been able to get in two cards this week.  This first one is the Clean and Simple card that I submitted in the CAS Challenge for The Outlawz.  The kick to the challenge was it had to be clean and simple and it also had to have a household object on it.  I had to think about what I wanted to stamp, then figure out how to add something that wouldn't detract from the subject of the card.  Voila! I used the backing paper off my grocery list pad.  I did the stamping on it which turned out pretty good.  A little later I added a coffee bean to it. (I didn't submit that one).


I don't know that the added bean added anything to the card.  Hopefully it wont get squished in the mail.  Ha!

The second card I completed was a Birthday card for my granddaughter.  The image is from MayzyArt.  I love her little people.  My granddaughter will be 13 the 1st of June, so I thought this would be cute.  I used the Honeycomb paper to make the cupcake inside.  I couldn't quite figure out how to get the candle to face the front and not squish it when you close the card, so it is in there sideways. If you open the card all the way, it faces the front.  I added confetti for the sprinkles on top.




I've ordered the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge that is exclusive to Close to My Heart and will be playing with that when it comes.  The weather is supposed to climb into the 70's this weekend so if it doesn't come this week, it will be okay. I have a lot of weeding to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment