Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Friday!

Once again, its the end of the week and I am not sure where it went. I've been working on making sourdough starter and my grandkids and I made some sourdough donuts yesterday.  I had found an old recipe of my moms and wanted to give it a try. My mom was an excellent cook and baker so I thought if it was her recipe it has to be good....  I didn't care much for them but my husband loved them.  They were way more chewy than a donut should be and I think I over worked the dough.  Moms notes did say to handle the dough as little as possible.  It was supposed to be a cross between a cake donut and a raised donut.  Mine was more bagel-ish.  I don't know that I will make that recipe again, but I have other sourdough recipes of hers that I will give a try.

Today I got my housework done so I can have the weekend free.  Sunday I am going to a Close To My Heart card workshop.  I always look forward to going. We make some pretty neat things.  I'll post pictures of the fun things we made a little later.

This is the Creative Freebie Challenge for June 17-July 1.  I don't think I will get to do the second one, but at least one will keep me going. 



No comments:

Post a Comment